Microblading by Gena Deva/Brooklyn Blade
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hairlike strokes to fill in sparse or thinning brows.
The Pigments we are using are formaldehyde free and not tested on animals.
touch up after 4-6 weeks
How to get ready for your appointment?
• Same day before your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE (COFFEE, TEA, ETC.).
• 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Coumadin, Niacin or Vitamin E. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DAILY MEDICATION DOESN'T CONTAIN ANY BLOOD THINNER INGREDIENTS, ASK YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST.
• 48 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT EAT VERY SPICY.
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Avoid booking right before or during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting the eyebrows area 2 days before and 10 days after.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment.
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark. Don’t worry, it is completely normal and they will fade in color about 30%-40% in the first week.
• If you wear contact lenses, please remove them for the period of the treatment.
MICROBLADING POST-CARE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE APPEARANCE AND LONGEVITY OF YOUR NEW EYEBROWS.
Make sure your hands are completely clean and gently apply the post-care ointment with clean hands 2-3 times a day. Never let the treated area get dry! Please continue to apply the ointment for 10 days.
It's important to understand that you have open wounds and that until your brows are completely healed you are at risk of infection. Avoid touching treated area, if you apply the post-care ointment, make sure your hands are clean.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE AVOIDED DURING ALL 10 DAYS POST-MICROBLADING PROCEDURE:
• Water, lotion, soap, or makeup in contact with your eyebrow area
• Increased sweating (heavy exercise)
• Hot sauna, hot showers, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
• Sun tanning or salon tanning
• UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
• Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
• Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
• Driving in open-air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when applying the post-care cream with clean hands.
Please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water on the treated area. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead or take a bath.
AT ALL TIME, AVOID:
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the treated area.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first 10 days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Browgeous immediately, to discuss further instructions.
Contact a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, unusual swelling or any signs of infection. You are NOT suitable for this procedure if you are:• Pregnant or breastfeeding
• History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
• Diabetic (require doctor’s clearance)
• Chemotherapy (require doctor’s clearance)
• VHI (sida)
• Hepatitis B or C
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Thyroid gland problems (require doctor’s clearance)
• Botox around forehead area in the past 2 weeks
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis on the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Accutane in the past 6 months.
• Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure or Poor general health.
• Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system/healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
• Any medication with blood thinner ingredients
• Any medication with titanium dioxyde or iron dioxide black
How long does a microblading treatment takes?
In most cases, microblading is a 2-step process, usually 6-12 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up for optimal results.
STEP 1: Initial procedure The FOUNDATION
Your first appointment will take between 2h to 3h.
STEP 2: Touch up
This second appointment is set 6 to 12 weeks following your initial procedure and will take about 1h.
**Occasionally, a second touch up (4-6 weeks following your touch up) is necessary for certain clients where the pigment does not take as well to the skin. This second touch up will be priced with the technician accordingly**
How long can I expect it to last?Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading lasts 9-12 months, depending on various factors. As your skin type (normal, oily, dry), your age (youthful/mature). Your skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of pigment. Each individual's color retention within skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh and strokes crisp, a touch up is suggested every year. Clients can let the microblading area fade over time.
Does the application hurts?We take every precaution necessary to ensure the microblading procedure is as pain-free as possible. A strong topical anesthetic cream is used prior to and during the procedure to keep you as comfortable as possible. Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable for the first 10 minutes while others do not report any discomfort what so ever. Sure thing is after the 10 first minutes, no one feels much! On a pain scale it's a 2 from 1 - 10
How long is the recovery or healing time?
The area can be a little sore for the first few hours and tender to touch for a couple days.
Immediately after your microblading procedure your brows will appear significantly darker and defined than perhaps your desired look. It may continue to get darker over the next few days as scabs begin to form, however this is not an accurate indication of the finished and healed result. 30%-40% of your brow color will fade as the scabs fall off within 7-10 days. (In some cases, the scabs may take longer to heal and fall off.) DO NOT PICK YOUR SCABS. The pigment is within the scab, and you do not want to pull any pigment out of your skin prematurely. We all heal differently and what works on one client may not be effective on another so please do not compare your results.
The complete healing process takes approximately 4 weeks.
How do you choose a color?
We closely match the color of your brow hair rather than your current hair color for the most natural results.
Can I have my eyebrows microbladed if I'm pregnant?
No, you cannot have this treatment done if you are pregnant in case of infection.
Can you microblade over an existing tattoo?
Microblading can be done over an existing brow tattoo. However the old tattoo must be significantly faded for the hair strokes to show through and look natural. Furthermore, the skin cannot be saturated with colors, or else the pigment won't take to the skin. Please advise if you have an existing tattoo and submit a picture to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Will it look natural?
Yes! It is important to look at the portfolio of whom you choose to do your microblading. Every esthetician has their technique and their own style.
Are there any side effects during or after the procedure?
During the procedure there may be some minor bleeding. This depends on the client. This is why we recommend avoiding any blood thinners, alcohol, caffeine and spicy meals at least 24H before the microblading. In about 20% of cases, scabs can form. There is usually some tenderness for a few days. It is primordial to follow aftercare instructions to the letter. Clients need to understand that microblading is tiny needles opening the skin and leaving it open where it is at risk of infections if after-care isn't well maintained.
PLEASE NOTE: INITIALLY, THE BROWS APPEAR DARKER, BUT FADE SIGNIFICANTLY OVER THE FOLLOWING 10 DAYS. IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL TO HAVE A TOUCH UP DONE. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO PREDICT HOW WELL YOUR SKIN WILL RETAIN THE PIGMENT. DUE TO THIS AND MANY OTHER VARYING FACTORS, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR RESULTS.